Monday, July 6, 2009

Aunt Candy's House

I hope everyone's 4th of July was as special as ours!
It's tradition for us to spend it at Brandon's Aunt Candy's beautiful lake house.
Candy is so much fun, and her house really speaks to her personality.
She is an artist and has a knack for re-purposing old treasures into new pieces
that provide function and fascination to her home. I do appologize for the poor
quality of the photographs, I am a horrible photographer.

Take these stone corbels that she turned into a stove hood!








She has a beautiful concrete sink and concrete countertops...





And an open deli case for a refrigerator




An eccentric old "peep show" booth that she turned into a microwave holder and make shift pantry!





Her Dining room feels like it's fit for royalty, I love the round table!



She has several great sideboards and armoires that she has collected from various estate sales




A hodge-podge of vintage furniture






And a fabulous waterfront view...





Her entire home is like this. I think my favorite room out of all is her bathroom. The marble is gorgeous, and the sink is made out of an old tombstone that she salvaged! I also adore the vintage lockers, and the tin barrel that she turned into a shampoo organizer!









Candy's house is filled with interesting pieces. I am always inspired be her creativity and endless talent!







No comments:

Post a Comment