Monday, February 15, 2010

This baby is coming in seven months whether we like it or not.
(Trust me, we more than like it) It's starting to hit me that we have a
zillion things to do and plan. I've been agonizing over the fact that I have got to
find some way to generate income while still staying home with the baby.
I became very excited when a sweet friend suggested that I turn
a hobby into a living, by sewing for a shop on etsy. It has always been a dream
of mine, but I suppose I never thought I could actually do it. Hearing
someone tell me I could do it made me think, "Why not?"
I compiled ideas and quickly discovered the strong competition that I would be
up against. Then that same equally clever and sweet friend suggested that
I tap into an area that is lacking on Etsy: boys clothing and accessories.
Goldmine!
I thought long and hard about what I could possibly make.
And then yesterday I noticed that Dana from the MADE blog is doing an entire
month on boy clothing tutorials. !!!
My favorite one shows you how to take a part used boys clothing to make your own patterns.
I am so excted to jump into this,
I will be researching fabrics and color palettes over the next few weeks.
I am so grateful for this blogging community that I have become immersed in. It has brought
wonderful true life friends, and so many lovely blogging friends that have comepletely inspired my life.
To think that I will be able to live my dream of being a stay at home mom because someone was caring enough to have faith in me, and because someone else was kind enough to share her knowledge. I can't wait update you on all this. Now if only I had a finished craft room to work in. One thing at a time...

3 comments:

  1. Yay for you! I am all about fulfilling dreams this year! I think that is my theme and I love seeing my friends going for it with their dreams too! You can totally do it! And if you make toddler boy sized clothes I will totally buy them off your etsy site! Excited to see you tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should do it!! You are so talented and there are so many ways to promote yourself!! My friend always does reviews for things- and it lets all her followers know about your store when u have it!!! Good luck! You will be amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was really nice meeting you on Monday. I wish you all the best in your new etsy adventure! I'm sure you'll do really well- the boy clothes idea is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete