Monday, July 18, 2011

It doesn't happen often, but sometimes I am just at a loss for words.
God has blessed me beyond belief with wonderful sisters, and friends that are as close as sisters.
Sometimes in the midst of sharing in the joys and the sunshine of daily life you hit a rainstorm.
And sometimes that rainstorm isn't yours to begin with, but it becomes yours.
When a dear friend is facing a trial and is experiencing fear, uncertainty, and heartbreak, your heart strings are so closely wound to hers that you experience all of the above right along with her.
And that's where I am today.  My heart is full of ache.  All I can do is trust that Jesus is and does all that he promises to be and to do.  And that he will hold her in the palm of his hand as she faces today, and tomorrow, and whatever lies beyond that.  In the meantime, I'll be praying for both a lighter rainstorm and a stronger umbrella for my wonderful friend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment