Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Studio Table

Remember the sewing/craft table I have been lusting after? My darling husband saw one of my previous posts and told me that he could whip a very similar table up for less than $100, all I had to do was let him purchase a new table saw. I secretly knew I would never be able to spring for the 1k pottery barn version, and even the walmart version seemed to be constructed mainly out of particle board so I decided to take him up on his offer.

After getting our shopping done at Home Depot on Saturday, he woke up Sunday and lovingly crafted this table in a matter of hours. It's really solid and well built. Unfortunately, we ran out of wood, it still needs more for the surface and the two seat openings. He's going to sand and press the surface completely smooth so it's all one piece, and I'm going to (carefully) paint it a glossy white. I can't wait to show you the end result. Just think of all the craftiness my new studio table will inspire! Too bad a beautiful table will only showcase how much work we have yet to do on the rest of the room... We still have to pull down the paneling and the ceiling tiles, patch, sand and paint the flooring and replace almost all the baseboards and moulding. But we'll get there. Someday.









1 comment:

  1. I have eyeballed that craft table from PB. I have no where to put a table like that right now though. :(

    Your husband did a great job making one for you. Have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete