Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day


Happy Father's day to the most wonderful father I have ever known. Thank you for being the best example I could ask for.
Thank you for treating me with compassion and love, and always taking the time to listen to me.

You have lived your life with integrity, always choosing what is right, even when no one is looking. I admire your strength, and how you refuse to let cancer snuff out your light.

You are the greatest example of Christ's love for his children. You always took the time to teach us what was right, and when we veered off the right path, you always waited with open arms for our return. I treasure your wise words so much. When I was growing up, you were always there for me. Even when I was insecure and was going through my awkward phase of transforming from a child into a woman, you brought me roses and celebrated with me.

Because you were always there for me, I never had to search for my identity in men. I really believe that I have a wonderful marriage and life because you were the father figure that you were. My prayer this year is that you will be healed from your illness and will live the long life that you deserve. I love you with all my heart, I am so proud to be my daddy's girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment