Monday, June 22, 2009

Most days I ache all over...
It's so difficult getting used to the
hard metal that is my spine.
That gets cold when it rains
There are the screws that poke through my skin
The metal that scrapes against my shoulder blades
As they pop in and out and in again
It's difficult to see beyond this pain
To know that I will feel whole again.
My body is tired, and my heart is sad.

But then I remember how far I have come.
How scared I was in the hospital
when I felt nothing in my legs
And cried because I thought I would never walk again

And then you spoke to me
Through a woman who listens
You said:

“I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness.
I will build you up again and you will be rebuilt…” Jeremiah 31:3-4

I trust you with all my heart
I know the pain will end
And even though I will bear scars for the rest of my life
They will remind me that you are faithful
That you will carry me through this
After all, you know a thing or two about scars yourself

No comments:

Post a Comment