Friday, July 10, 2009

Katelyn's Pajamas!


My sweet sister-in-law Katelyn is getting married this month, and she has a "personal wedding shower" being thrown this weekend. Not too long ago I had a wedding shower that was thrown by the same relatives, and let me tell you, I got some racy lingerie!

Because of that, I have an overflowing drawer of lingerie that is very pretty to look at. The problem is I hardly ever wear any of it, so I thought I a would sew Katelyn a pair of comfortable pajama pants instead.

I finished them last night, and they turned out great! So roomy and comfortable, I almost hate to part with them. They were a cinch to make. I used a pattern from Amy Butler's "In Stitches" book.

I'm definitely making another pair for myself. Katelyn is a bit taller than me, so it looks like I'm swimming in them, but you get the idea. I really hope she likes them. I put a lot of love into 'em, just for her.

It feels really good to make a gift rather that buying it as I usually would. I'm quite addicted to this thing they call sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment