Monday, July 13, 2009

Monday Monday

The weather in my neck of the woods: A rainy, gloomy day, that happens to be perfect.

One of my simple pleasures: Going on long walks with my husband and my puppy.

On my bedside table: Walking With God.

On my TV: Nothing. No TV for me today!

On the menu for tonight: Grilled cheese, tomato soup, and homemade bread.

On my To Do List: Laundry laundry laundry. Also, mopping and waxing the kitchen floor.

New Recipe I tried last week: I have been run ragged with all the family events we've had lately, so I haven't tried anything new. But* I did try an amazing pasta dish at a bridal shower this weekend. I can't wait to try to recreate it. It had cheese filled tortellini pasta, sundried tomatoes, pine nuts, orzo, and I think parmesan cheese. I'm not quite sure what was in the dressing.

In the craft basket: A new pair of pajamas and a sling bag that I need to finish.

Looking forward to: My sister-in-love Katelyn's wedding! Also her bachelorette party in Seattle next weekend. We'll see how long I can last as the only non-drinker that likes to be in bed by nine!

Homemaking Tip for this week: Get yourself a iron steamer! It's so fast and easy. We picked up ours at Wal-mart for under $40.00. Brandon likes it so much that he uses it every morning before work. I no longer have to take out time to iron!

Lesson learned the past few days: It makes me feel good when I go the extra mile. At work, and at home. I may be more tired in the long run, but the anxiety is worse when I slack off and feel like I have cheated myself.

On my Prayer List: My husband. My family, especially my brother Joram on his birthday.

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses: Yesterday morning I got up (at 6:30am!) with my mom and dad in-law for devotion. It was so nice! We read and discussed Luke 21-22, and read "My Utmost for his Highest" by Oswald Chambers.

1 comment:

  1. I love you Chantel! Beautiful Lady!!!
    Muah, Muah, Muah!

    ReplyDelete