Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Lately I've been thinking a lot about what the heck I'm going to do for a living.
My first career choice would be to stay at home with my future children,
but it will be a while before we have the finances for that option.
I would like to find a career that would give me the flexibility to stay home as much as possible,
and it would have to be something I love doing.

I have always entertained the idea of owning an out of home daycare, or starting a co-op preschool, but at this point, the finances aren't there either...

Today I came up with an idea that just might work. What if I were able to become an estate sale organizer? Because I have family in the retirement business, I would get referrals when families are trying to downsize grandma's estate before moving her into a facility. I would also get to work with antiques. I am crazy about antiques. A little bug I caught from my mother at a very young age. I would be able to work independently, be able to pick through someone else's belongings (such a snoop!)... This job would have so many features that I would love. I'm not sure how much work would be available, but start-up costs would be minimal, and it would probably be a nice part-time job.

I am going to be praying about this extensively, who knows if it will pan out, but it's definitely something to think about!

2 comments:

  1. I think that is a very good, and a very unique idea. Both of which are a good thing. God Bless and may he honor your prayers with an answer soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this would be a wonderful thing for you to pursue! So fun, I agree and how great to do something flexible and that you love (and your are right, you would have great contacts!) Courtney

    ReplyDelete