Monday, October 19, 2009

One of the wonderful things about the trials and tribulations that you go through, is that you can often use your experiences to help others along in this world.

Not too long after my spinal surgery, I happened upon the blog of precious Melinda. A post caught my eye, in which she talked about her recent doctor visit for her degenerative scoliosis. I felt an inner nudging to send an email to her, detailing the success that I had had with surgery. I had no idea where Melinda lived, but thought I would recommend my doctor, as he is one of only a handful of doctors that perform the minimally invasive surgery that was performed on me.

Not too soon after, I received a response from Melinda, discovering that she in fact lived in Kirkland Washington. Where I had my surgery! At first Melinda seemed very hopeless. Almost as if she had made up her mind to live with her degenerative scoliosis, rather than face surgery. I encouraged her to at least make an appointment with Dr. Roh.

Melinda was so impressed with Dr. Roh, and was filled with hope. This morning, Melinda arrived at the hospital to have one of two surgeries. I will be lifting her up in prayer today especially, and all week. I would love to ask that you do the same, sweet friends. Melinda, I am so excited that this week will end your battle with scoliosis! You will have a new battle to fight, the battle of healing, but I am over the moon for you! You are so brave, and I admire you very much!

The Lord will guide you always;

He will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land

and will strengthen your frame. ~ Isaiah 58:11





No comments:

Post a Comment