Monday, October 19, 2009

I am what my husband calls a furniture girl. I am always thinking about furniture. My car was totaled last February after a car pulled out in front of me without looking. I have been patiently waiting for my settlement, and though I don't think it will be a huge amount, I am excited to have a little bit of mad money. Brandon sees dollar signs that add up to kitchen upgrades and yard improvements. Try as I may, I only see empty spots around the house that need new furniture. Here are a few things I have my eye on:

Storage bench for shoes and what-nots in the entry way World Market $149.99


A sideboard to go next to the storage bench, with a fold out desktop. A good place to organize mail, and to hide a paper shredder and file folders underneath. World Market on sale for $199.00


Ikea Manstad sleeper sofa $899.00 for our upstairs living room. I have wanted this for oh-so-long. I actually purchased it once, drove up to load it only to find that it would fit. I wanted to cry the whole way home. I still want to cry thinking about the extra $300.00 I will have to spend on shipping it.

It pulls out to sleep two, and we can build it upstairs rather than try in vain to fit a regular sofa up our primitively narrow stairway.
Kind of makes you forget that it's from Ikea, huh?


Who knows what we will actually buy, but a girl can dream, right?

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea for hiding away the paper shredder. My paper shredder isn't so sexy, then again no paper shredder is. It would be a little inconvenient pulling open the drawer but worth it.

    ReplyDelete