Tuesday, December 1, 2009

THANKSGIVING 2009


Thanksgiving is over, but I'm still savoring it.
This year started out with a bit of disappointment.
We had intended on having the family over in our home, but the plans fell through at the last minute.

My parents hosted it instead in Cashmere, and it couldn't have been more amazing.
I cooked the entire meal for twelve people, but luckily was able to talk Maggie and Chelsea into helping me with the pies. It was my first turkey ever, and I was so glad that I listened to my mother-in-law and roasted the bird upside down. The meat was so tender it fell completely off of the bone when we tried to move it.

We delighted ourselves in:

Turkey
Cranberry sauce infused with oranges
Peach Stuffing
Harvest Pumpkin Stuffing
Garlic and rosemary mashed potatoes
Roasted herbed vegetables
Panna Cotta with strawberries
Pumkin Pie
Apple Pie
Heartfelt conversation

It was simply wonderful. Luckily my parents have a good sized living room since we rarely leave it when we are all together. We spent four lovely lazy days together, which consisted of eating and napping all together over and over again. Perfect!

You should know that I am not a morning person, by any means. But sleeping in is not an option when my nephew Axel is near. I simply cannot wait to get out of bed to be the first in line for morning kisses. Hearing "Hi Abba Chan!" (Auntie Chan) Is probably my favorite thing in the world right now!

For some reason, my sister's child seems like he could very well be my own. It's a love I haven't quite experienced before. Even though I love all my nieces and nephews dearly. It's awfully hard to explain. I'm really missing him today.




The older I get, the more I realize just how blessed I am. I am so thankful that the designer of this universe hand picked each and every member of my family and chose to knit us together as a part of his creation. So very thankful, am I.

No comments:

Post a Comment