Monday, March 23, 2009

These are the dresses...
















These are the dresses that I will don, when summer is finally here. I will wear them with flats for I'll be a few inches taller, I will wear them without sweaters or wraps or stolls. I won't be ashamed of my shoulders or back. It will be the first time in a decade that I'm not worried that people are staring at my deformities. That's what scoliosis really is. A deformity. My back that now looks twisted and hunched will be straight and tall, I will be thinner, more poised, and most importantly: pain free. This is a wish that I never thought would actually come true. My life really is about to change forever. Do you like how I bribe myself with expensive dresses to escape from the thought of how painful this surgery is going to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment