Thursday, April 8, 2010

Happy Birthday to that darling boy of mine!

There are so many things I admire about Brandon, too many to list really.
Of course you know me, I'm going to try anyways...


He knows how to give compliments
He is loyal in every sense of the word
Is compassionate, and sees the good in others
Is fun to kiss
Is a good snuggler
Forces me to hug him and take deep breaths when I am stressed
He takes out the trash with a good attitude
He rubs my back
Always holds my hand
Lights up when he talks about his dreams
Loves the outdoors
Has a strong deep rooted faith in God
Loves children
Could live off of cookie dough ice cream , beer, and brewers yeast popcorn
Has a million talents and can do or learn to do anything
He is determined in whatever he does
Understands my quirks and still loves me

As a little girl, I used to pray for my future husband at night. Turns out he was listening!
We've been together since the tender age of sixteen.  That's ten years!


This is the first picture ever taken of us as a couple. It was around our one month anniversary (yes, we celebrated anniversaries every month back then), and we were on a bus headed to a sports tournament. My friend Liz took this picture to show us how annoyingly goo-goo eyed we were over one another...

I remember doing a lot of dreaming together when we were sixteen. That summer Brandon accompanied my family on our annual trek to California, packed like sardines in the family van. Between stops at Denny's and bathroom breaks, we held hands and whispered our dreams to each other. We talked about the house we wanted to build someday, the dream of being missionaries in Africa, raising a big family and starting a business. It amazes me how little our dreams have changed.
                     
  Brandon's Senior Year  
                                            



On Our Wedding Day

I'm absolutely giddy over the fact that through it all we managed to stay together.  I can't imagine a more wonderful husband, and father-to-be.   Happy birthday "baby-socks," you're so precious, I wouldn't want to live a day without you by my side!

Love, Bridey



3 comments:

  1. Happy, happy birthday Brandon...we love you + think you are one awesome guy. And Channy, this is the sweetest little happy birthday letter ever. He's a lucky fellow, and he knows it.

    David, Chelle, Anniebelles + Jack

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go and look at my post! YAY!!! xoxoxoxo
    Min

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to Brandon, I keep seeing so much he has in common with Sam. We started dating when we were 16 too, and Sam also had long hair when he graduated from high school.

    Have you guys found out if you're having a boy or a girl yet?

    ReplyDelete