Friday, April 15, 2011

I take Joy.

Via Pinterest
Oh friends, today I woke up with a heavy heart.
A conviction.

Last week I complained about the pain I've been in, and it felt so good that I didn't stop complaining.

Why do I so easily trade my joy?
After everything I have learned from reading this book,  I still act selfish and stop serving others in order to dwell upon my self and all things that I wish were different.

Today is a new day-- and I will make the choice to take joy in all things.

~in the chance to feed my sweet boy, even when I would rather sleep.

~in my new "mommy body." I created life and I'm healthy and my husband still fancies me.

~ in cleaning and taking better care of the possessions that I do have so that I can enjoy them fully and realize that there is truly not a thing I am in need of.

~in treasuring my wonderful family, and precious friends.

~ in the gift of employment and the ability I have, to work in spite of chronic pain.


I have not been writing down my gifts over the past week, and wow, what a difference.

There is so much to be joyful about! Even the sadness and sorrow I experience in this life provides a chance to drink from the well of God's goodness and grace.

I am ashamed and I am renewed.

I am going to commit to go on a hunt this week for God's goodness in my life. For starters...

#1 Lucy Wren

#2 Tulips blooming on my table from the kindest, most thoughtful of friends

#3 A giggling baby in striped pajamas

...


Ephesians 4:29 - Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. (NIV)

Isaiah 55:12 - "You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands." (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment